- Use stackable storage containers: One simple way to add more space to your fridge is to invest in some stackable storage containers. These can be used to store items like deli meats, cheeses, and leftovers, freeing up space on shelves and in drawers.
- Utilize the door: The door of your fridge is often overlooked as a storage area, but it can actually be a great place to store certain items. Try storing bottles of condiments, jars of pickles and olives, and cartons of eggs on the door to free up space on the shelves.
- Hang baskets or bins: If you have a lot of loose items taking up space in your fridge, consider hanging baskets or bins to keep them organized. This can be especially helpful for items like bags of fruit or vegetables, which can be hard to keep in one place.
- Use the top shelf: The top shelf of your fridge is often the least used, but it can be a great place to store items that you don't need to access frequently. Try keeping less perishable items like bags of chips or boxes of cereal up there to free up space on the lower shelves.
- Use the freezer wisely: If you have a lot of space in your freezer, you can use it to store items that would take up too much space in the fridge. Just be sure to label and date items so you know what you have and when it was put in the freezer.
- Use airtight containers: If you have a lot of opened packages of food taking up space in your fridge, consider storing them in airtight containers. This will help them stay fresher longer and free up space on shelves and in drawers.
By following these tips, you can expand the usable space in your refrigerator and make it easier to store and organize your food. Whether you use stackable storage containers or simply use the door and top shelf more effectively, there are plenty of ways to make the most of the space you have.